GUNS AND GANGS
Gang crimes are a central focus of police activity. In Ontario, the Crown has designated special teams of prosecutors for these offences. In order to protect yourself and your legal and personal interests, you need the services of a criminal defence lawyer with experience and legal skill, so that you have the same resources as do those working against you.
We are a dedicated team of Mississauga criminal defence lawyers with decades of experience successfully defending clients accused of serious and complex offences. We provide the best defence possible to each of our clients.
Strong Legal Counsel For Gang Crimes
As courtroom lawyers with extensive experience with criminal trials, the lawyers at our firm offer:
- Knowledge of the Charter and its use in a successful defence argument
- Vigorous cross-examination of police
- Detailed investigation of evidence
Criminal charges related to gang activity may include conspiracy, weapons offences and drug charges. Each one of these offences carries hefty penalties and requires a vigorous defence. Our criminal defence counsel can give you the informed defence you need.
Ontario’s Government continues to put people at the centre of its commitment to public safety by committing $16.4 million to fight gun crime and gang activities over the next two years for initiatives that boost local crime prevention, enforcement and prosecution.
Enforcement and prosecution become more effective at combatting guns and gangs when combined with prevention and intervention initiatives that promote alternatives to gangs and prevent violent offending before it starts. Taking a comprehensive approach to community safety, Ontario’s strategy will combat guns and gangs on all fronts.
Foundation of Strong Enforcement and Prosecution
Phase two will provide additional resources and tools to support Ontario’s frontline police officers, law enforcement teams and justice partners to effectively combat gun and gang-related crime. The province will:
- Launch a new Provincial Gun and Gang Support Unit to strengthen the province’s enforcement capacity to conduct major gun and gang investigations and prosecutions across jurisdictions and improve province-wide intelligence gathering, integration and coordination. The unit is a highly specialized team of police officers and prosecutors with gun and gang expertise, human trafficking and community intervention specialists. Local police services and prosecutors will be supported by the unit while conducting regional and inter-jurisdictional gun and gang investigations.
- Develop a dedicated Gun and Gang Specialized Investigations Fund to support Joint Forces Operations – major investigations involving multiple police services – to target the organized crime areas that fuel gang operations. This will include drug, gun and human trafficking, which will be informed by intelligence analysis support.
- Increase corrections intelligence and security by delivering training to corrections staff to enhance the identification of security threats, improve intelligence reporting and court preparation as well as address specific challenges in correctional institutions such as contraband smuggling. Investment will also be made in new technologies to assist staff with operational efficiencies, real-time data tracking and reporting.
Lawyers For Gun Crime Defence In Brampton And The GTA
Guns and Gangs lawyer Mississauga is dedicated to seeking the best result possible in your case. We regularly take on complex and high-stakes cases and give the high-quality legal advice and counsel our clients need.